- Ribbon that is at least 3" wide
- Iron on transparent transfer paper
- Small gum bands
1. Cut about 48" of ribbon, fold in half and iron a crease in the closed folded side
2. Fold the ironed end down about 2 1/2 inches and iron again
3. Flip the ribbon over and at the folded, ironed end begin making 1/4 inch accordion folds (about 4 to 6 folds). Then iron to shape.
The purpose of flipping the ribbon is to have the first and last accordion folds face the back
4. Pinch the folds in the center to make a fan shape and wrap the elastic band around the center
5. Next the decals.
Feel free to use my iron on template here.
Remember to choose "iron on paper" as the media type for your printer (so it prints the mirror image)
6. Cut the decals out and place on the sashes and iron in place (I personally don't like all the extra "gloss" from the transparent paper so I cut as close to the print out as possible)
7. Tie another elastic band (and embellish with extra ribbon) at open end or wait to custom tie around the girls
I made a separate one that said "Birthday Princess" for my daughter and added jewels to it
For the boys I bought foam swords and crafted shields out of thick poster board and foil paper. I didn't get any pics of the boys! But here is Cinderella wielding her mighty sword.
Additionally, I bought the princess cookie cutter set from Amazon and had cookies supplementing the cupcakes.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone